Friday, June 15, 2012

His Last Day of 5th Grade


With four minutes left, John (yes, they call their teachers by their first names, I know, I know) told the class this was his favorite year of teaching ever, warned them that staying inside playing video games all summer would knock them back to where they were at the beginning of the year, and begged them to read and write for the next two and a half months.
(The kids who had forgotten to bring their yearbooks to be signed had friends sign all over their arms and faces...)
The kids had moved most of the classroom materials to their 6th grade room (yay!  no more portables!), but the portrait wall I installed at the beginning of the year was still up.That's the stripey "Super Swag Summer Survival Bag" I put together for John on the floor there.It contained a 12 pack of Coke (his favorite), bug spray, sunblock, microfiber cloths to clean his beloved iGadgets, 2 bottles of Mexican Coke, a Yoda t-shirt ("Trust Me, I'm a Jedi"), and App Store and Barnes & Noble gift certificates.
After school Mama B and I ferried our kids and 2 more pals to Arclight Hollywood to see "Snow White and the Huntsman".
This Katy Perry display helped to kill time before the show.
SUMMER!  YAY!
While Mama B took everybody geocaching along Sunset Boulevard and ran the pals home, I picked up Aliza (whose jealousy about Ander's shorter school year was only somewhat soothed by the blue balloon I brought her -- of course the rest of the minivan was filled with the dozen green balloons that I had surprised Ander with earlier...)
We walked here from the Mishpucha B's.
Strawberry Margaritas (kind of)
(my REAL margarita)

No comments:

Post a Comment