Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sometimes (Rarely) She Asks

I was sitting on the Kik Step, poking at my phone, and she slithered across the floor on her back, dust-mopping with her hair, and asked me to take her picture.

"Like this," she said as she posed.


While I played with photo filters in my phone, she talked -- with a not-insignificant amount of eye-rolling disdain -- about how kids at school had thought her shirt said "Barbie."

As if.

I kept trying to take pictures of her while she talked but she moved around and made her eyes go in different directions and was not going to NOT pose and so I stopped trying to take her picture.

But then when I downloaded the photos from my phone I found these, and I thought, yeah, that's my girl.








1 comment:

  1. Barbie, huh? Barbie WISHES she could be as cool as Debbie Harry....as if ;-) (And now, I'm feeling REALLY old....)

    ReplyDelete